13 places I visit online
For Thursday 13 this week I thought I’d write about where I go when I’m online. Most of these are a no-brainer for my witing friends. Others may surprise you. 🙂
1. www.facebook.com Duh. Facebook. I spend way too much time there.
2. www.allaboutromance.com A romance site. I really like reading their reviews and the forums.
3. http://omgthatdress.tumblr.com/ A blog that is almost exclusively pictures of vintage (AND OLDER) clothing. I spend HOURS drooling over the dresses from the 1800s.
4. www.goodreads.com A fun place to troll for new reading material.
5. www.romancedivas.com Yep, my fave place to go for writing help and companionship.
6.http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/ The blog of a very well known and clever knitter, spinner and writer.
7. http://www.istok.net/church-brocade/ When I want really spiffy fabric to make a medieval (specifically, byzantine) dress, this is where I go. It’s gorgeous stuff, but since it runs from $40.00 to over $300.00/meter I mostly window shop.
8. www.northshield.org The web home of my SCA kingdom
9. www.ravelry.com A marvelous and addicting fiber arts site
10. http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/ I am a huge baseball geek. Actually, a Twins geek. Last year sucked for them, but spring training is starting and it’ll be better.
11. http://www.archaeologica.org/NewsPage.htm A collection of news stories about archeological interest posted daily. There are a ton of great ideas for historical romance stories in these articles.
12. http://www.baenebooks.com/c-1-free-library.aspx Baen books has over 100 books that you can download free in the format of your choice. These are full length sci-fi & fantasy books, by best selling authors like Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, David Weber, Jaqueline Carey and lots more.
13. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ Entertaining site with lots of stuff by I mostly go for the recipes.
There. Now, where do you go when you’re online?