13 Things I could Nibble on
I am officially dieting. Again. I’m tired of looking like a flabby apple on legs. I decided to diet on Monday, AFTER I did my grocery shopping on Friday, so not everything in my house is good for a dieting person. And some of these I’ve had for while but jsut haven’t eaten yet. So far I’ve kept my calories between 1300 and 1700 a day, and I’ve done some excercise. Need to do more excercise. So here are thirteen things (some better choices for a dieter than others) I have to snack on:
1. Jordan Almonds. I love these candies. I thought these might be okay, as they take me a while to eat since I suck on them until there’s only a thin candy coating around the almond before crunching them up. However, while it might take me an hour to eat the allotted 13 pieces in a serving, that is 190 calories and a lot of carbs.
2. Sweet Bing cherries. I also love fresh cherries.
3. Gourmet Aussie black Liqorice. Another candy favorite that has way too many calories and carbs.
4. Cucumber sticks. Almost no calories in these and I like them.
5. Carrot coins. You know those crinkle cut carrot slices.
6. Peanut M&Ms.
7. Pretzel sticks. With a little ranch dressing these are nice.
8. Chips & salsa. The chips aren’t probably the best thing for me, but not the worst either.
9. Apples. Some new variety that I don’t remember the name of now.
10. Honey roasted sunflower seeds. Lots of fat, but it’s good fat, right?
11. Cinnamon Raisin bread. Nummy toasted. Lots of carbs.
12. German Chocolate cake. Still in the box, it needs to be made. I have company coming for supper on Friday. Maybe they’ll eat most of it so I don’t have to feel guilty?
13. Green pepper. Not really a snack, I bought these for the salad I’m making on Friday. But if there are left overs, a strip of green pepper is tasty.